Radar Systems Engineer
Wavetronix seeks a highly-motivated full-time radar systems engineer with a solid background in systems engineering, algorithms, and digital signal processing. The radar systems engineer will research, design, and develop radar sensor prototypes to evaluate their application-specific performance. This includes both system level design as well algorithm development, implementation, and optimization on real time platforms. The successful candidate will be mentored by a research scientist and will be part of a research team including experts in radio-frequency (RF) circuits, radar systems, signal processing, and embedded systems.
A successful Radar Systems Engineer will accomplish the following:
Within 90 Days:
- Develop a deep understanding of the system level design (both RF and algorithms) of Wavetronix traffic radars.
- Research new technologies (both hardware and software) relevant to radar sensors and evaluate their use for future Wavetronix products. Also, facilitate other research engineers in prototype development.
- Research, design, prototype, and evaluate radar systems that can enhance the performance of current products.
- Collaborate with RF engineers to build working prototypes of radar sensors and use simulations and measurements to comprehensively analyze the sensor performance, including comparison to current products.
- Prototype at least one radar sensor in consultation with the research scientist.
- Enhance knowledge in RF circuits and antennas so that he/she can work more independently.
Beyond Year 1:
- Develop a solid foundation in algorithms, radar systems engineering as well as embedded development for radar sensors.
- Become a key contributor to research team on system level design and development for future radar or other traffic sensors.
Desired Experience and Competencies
- MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with preferably 2-3 years of relevant research experience or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering. Relevant experience can be in radar or communication systems.
- Capable of working independently on prototype development.
- High personal motivation, a strong work ethic, and high standards for personal and team results.
- Demonstrated mastery of digital signal processing, and system design.
- Knowledge about microwave circuits and antenna theory is preferred.
- Proficiency and hands-on experience with the use of RF test equipment is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to prototype and evaluate algorithms with MATLAB or Python.
- Proven proficiency in and hands-on experience with programming in C or C++.
Wavetronix’ purpose is to enable rewarding careers and foster personal development. Today, we meet that purpose by creating innovative technologies that make the world’s roads safer and more efficient. Our core values include putting people first and embracing a growth mindset. We lead with insight and innovation; seek out, embrace, and solve difficult challenges; and strive to change the way our customers approach their problems. As a result, we have enjoyed strong growth over the last 21 years. We continue to invest in long-term growth, creating even more opportunities. We work in teams, so we look for people who are humble, hungry and smart (you might want to ask us what that means).
If you share our values and have the education and experience to help us create the most talented work force in the traffic radar industry, we encourage you to apply.
Wavetronix is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer.